1. You choose where you want your vehicle towed and repaired. It’s the law.
2. You only need one estimate to determine the amount of damage.
4. Verify the insurance company pays for all covered repairs.
5. Take care in choosing the right repair shop because your safety depends on it.
6. Insurance companies have deadlines they must follow regarding the claims process.
7. Ask questions until you get all of them answered. This is a step toward picking the right body shop.
First, they are not doing the repairs. We are, and our repairs come with a lifetime guarantee. How can they guarantee repairs when they don’t do the actual repairs? We choose not to appear on every insurance company’s “network list” because we put vehicle owners first. Second, the Ohio Department of Insurance states, “You have the right to choose the repair shop and replacement parts for your vehicle. An insurance company may not specify the brand, type, kind, age, vendor, supplier, or condition of parts or products used to repair your automobile.”
We go over all costs with you. No work gets done without your approval. With a couple of phone calls to the insurance company, most customers collect the difference. We can help with the phone calls.
In most cases your insurance policy will dictate if you have to pay for a loaner and then be reimbursed, but only if you have rental coverage. The only way you are guaranteed a rental, is if you are a claimant but also remember there is also age restrictions on rentals.
“Generally, within 15 calendar days, your insurance company must acknowledge receipt of your claim and request any additional information reasonably related to your claim. Within 15 business days after receipt of all requested information, the company must approve or deny your claim in writing. The law allows the insurance company to extend this deadline up to 45 days if it notifies you that more time is needed and tells you why. After notifying you that your claim is approved, your insurance company must pay the claim within 5 business days.”
Not found your question? Just ask us!
Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorperadipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy
nibh suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.[/column]